- The contest is monthly and FREE to enter. Winners get their photo published in Digital First Media newspapers, a Schuylkill Valley Sports gift card from the location of your choice and a free T-shirt.
- Submissions must include the child’s name (FIRST NAME ONLY) and age. Submissions without the necessary information will not be included in the contest.
- Every four, there will be a different activity theme for photos submissions such as running, swimming or bicycling. Only photos submitted of that week’s activity theme will be accepted. Each theme will be announced on Facebook and on Twitter @MercFit4Life. The theme can also be found on the Fit for Life website.
- To enter a KID FITNESS photo in the contest either send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post the photo on the Fit for Life Facebook page. With both options, you must include the necessary information from RULE #2. To post a photo to Facebook, you must first Like the page.
- Only one submitted photo is allowed per child in each contest. Also only one set of prizes is awarded to each winning photo. If you have multiple children you would like to enter into the contest, please submit a separate photo for each child. Otherwise they will have to split the gift card and receive only one T-shirt.
- Fit Kid photo submissions are due every four weeks by noon Wednesday of the fourth week.
- The contest includes three age divisions so including the child’s age when submitting is a must. The categories are 2 to 6 years old, 7 to 12 years old and 13 to 18 years old. A winner will be chosen from each age division every four weeks.
- Once submissions are in for that contest, three photo albums including the contest entries will be posted on Facebook around noon Wednesday signifying that voting can begin. Each Facebook photo album will be labeled with the specific age division.
- Facebook users can then easily vote for their favorite kid fitness photo in each category by LIKING a photo in the album (The like button is a ‘thumbs up icon’ if on a mobile device). It is allowed to tag friends in the comments under a child’s name to encourage voting and it’s allowed to share the photo on your own individual page to get likes. Just remember to like a kid’s specific photo and not just the photo album in order to count it as a vote. Contestants should also encourage their friends to LIKE the Fit for Life Facebook so they get notified every time photos are posted and when winners are announced..
- Voting starts Wednesday afternoon and stops at noon on Friday. The child with the most LIKES in each age division will win (which can be up to 3 kids). Winners will be announced on Facebook shortly after voting stops Friday afternoon. At this time, the next activity theme will also be announced.
WINNER INSTRUCTIONS: Winners will receive an email Friday about how they can pick up their prizes. Winners who submitted a photo on Facebook will be notified through a reply comment on their original photo post. Winners should pick up the prizes from the Schuylkill Valley Sports Store within 10 days of being notified as a winner (a specific date will be provide to winners). Winners who do not pick up their prize within 10 days will forfeit their winnings and the photo with the next most likes within that specific age group.
Children of the same family are allowed to be winners and children can even win multiple times. With that being said, the purpose of the contest is to give a wide range of children the opportunity to be the Fit Kid of the Week. For this reason we ask winners to wait a minimum of one month before submitting again for the contest.
For any further questions please contact Diane Hoffman by emailing email@example.com or calling 610-850-0265.